The surveying and the fundraising activities, followed by the building of the boardwalk provided numerous opportunities to involve community members as volunteers, and enabled many people to visit the wetlands and gain a real enthusiasm for the area. This has proved a great benefit when specific work inputs were needed and will no doubt continue into the future.
UK notable species discovered (ie rare!):
- Micro moth – Prochoreutis myllerana
- Ground beetle – Anthracus consputus
- Frog hopper – Aphrophora major
- Water beetle, Helophorus strigifrons
- Several unusual plants which are important Shropshire habitat indicator species such as Marsh Cinquefoil – Comarum palustre and Skullcap – Scutellaria galericulata