To help create an ecologically healthy and sustainable countryside in the hills of the Middle Marches to inspire both residents and visitors.
Working with organisations
To work with existing organisations and individuals to improve the connections in the landscape through sympathetic management and habitat recreation.
Acting as an advice hub
To act as a hub for the sharing of information, advice, skills, expertise and education for those managing, or seeking to buy and sell, land.
Working with landowners
To help landowners manage wildlife sites sustainably.
Buying & managing land
To buy and manage land of high wildlife value for conservation purposes.
Supporting food production
To support the production of quality food by looking after land and livestock.
What we have achieved so far
In the intervening period since our launch in April, the steering group has been busy laying the foundations for Middle Marches to be an active player, not only by supporting landowners to be responsible stewards of their land for future generations, but with your support taking on the management of farms and smallholdings to enhance their biodiversity and production of local food.
Our latest activities include:
- Drawing up a register of skills and useful contacts that our 100+ supporters possess. Let us know what skills you have!
- Negotiating with a local Trust over the shared use of premises that will provide an office, a meeting place and storage space
- Investigating the purchase of a wildlife rich smallholding
- Participating in a network of local landowners aiming to improve water quality in the Rea Brook
- Lining up expert speakers on topics such as enhancing soil quality and bee habitats
- Registering our interest in the new £100m Climate Action Fund, to be launched by the National Lottery this autumn
7pm at Bishops Castle Town Hall
We’re excited to have the date for our next event!
We’ll be meeting at 7pm on Thursday 19th September in the Council Chamber upstairs in the Town Hall, Bishops Castle.
The Agenda will cover the process of electing the Trust’s first Board, a presentation of the draft budget and a programme of events for the coming months.
Our Latest News
Our New Field - Guest Blog By Sarah Jameson Last Autumn we bought a field at auction. Not just any field, but the 11.4 acre field alongside our house and garden here in the lovely Redlake Valley, where we have lived for 20 years. Our field amongst the tapestry of...read more
Our Latest Activities In the intervening period since our launch in April, the steering group has been busy laying the foundations for Middle Marches to be an active player, not only by supporting landowners to be responsible stewards of their land for future...read more