Restoring Shropshire’s Verges Project
What are we aiming to do?
RSVP has the following aims and objectives:
Bring together people interested in restoring road verges to flower-rich grassland
- Undertake survey and mapping work to establish the status and location of verges
- Encourage and support local interest in restoring verges
- Actively promote verge restoration in general and the work of RSVP specifically
- Undertake practical management of a series of demonstration road verges in the area
- Campaign and lobby for a positive change in road verge management policies
- Lead one or more pilot projects looking at the use of verge clippings in biodigesters
- Liaise with the county council, town/parish councils and contractors to develop plans for verge restoration throughout Shropshire
- Engage with wider organisations, schemes and campaigns focused on verge restoration.
Enterprise House, Station Street, Bishops Castle, SY9 5AQ
01743 891492 (Dr Richard Keymer)