This policy was last updated on 09.06.20. From time to time, we make changes and will notify you of these where appropriate. Please refer to this policy frequently to see any updates or changes.
Introduction & who we are
Our contact details
Name: Stretton Wetlands Interest Group (SWIG)
The personal information we collect
We collect and process the following information:
- Email address
- Billing address (for donations and Gift Aid)
- Postal address (for Supporters and for individuals who choose to receive updates via post)
How your personal information is provided to us
The personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- You have made a donation to us via the Middle Marches Community Land Trust
- You have opted in to receive updates about the wetlands and/or about volunteering opportunities
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent – You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting email@example.com.
How is my personal information used?
Personal data is collected and stored so that we can contact people who have donated to us or those who have become ‘Friends’ of the wetlands.
If you ticked the Gift Aid box during the donation process, we will use your name and postal address to claim Gift Aid on your donation.
Your billing address is collected by our donation portal, Give WP, and payments processor, PayPal (please see the section on ‘Who we share your information with’ for more details). This information is only used to process your donation.
Who we share your information with
We use MailChimp, a US-based email service, to store your details and send you our newsletter.
In the process of working with Mailchimp your data may be transferred outside the EEA, to the US. Mailchimp is self-certified under Privacy Shield and lawfully transfers EU/EEA personal data to the US according to its Privacy Shield Certification.
Give WP, Stripe and PayPal
We use Give WP as our donation portal with Stripe and PayPal as the payment gateways and processors, to process and maintain all financial transactions. To learn more about security measures from these organisations, please click on the links below:
The third-party service providers SWIG uses may be updated from time to time as our business needs and legal requirements change.
How we store your information
We hold this personal data because people have expressly consented to this and to receiving future information from us.
The Stretton Wetlands Interest Group will use these email lists and postal addresses to send occasional updates to Supporters and Friends about management activities in Cudwell Meadow, biodiversity surveys, walks and meetings.
For how long do we keep your information?
The data will be retained for all future work relating to the Stretton wetlands.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
- You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at email@example.com.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/