Land Mapping at the Venue, Pollardine
2pm on Sunday 8th December 2019
What to expect
An afternoon visit hosted by Lizzie Hulton-Harrop who will demonstrate how Pollardine Farm has used Land Mapping technology to improve efficiency on the farm, monitor the various farm plans and encourage partnerships with adjacent farm businesses. This session will include the chance to use the technology and discuss applications with Lizzie and fellow participants.
How to find the Venue
The Venue at Pollardine Farm is located at Gatten, Pontesbury, Shropshire, SY5 0SJ
Directions from Shrewsbury
- From the by-pass around Shrewsbury turn south on to the A488 for Bishops Castle.
- Pass through Hanwood and on to Pontesbury.
- As you come in to Pontesbury turn hard left signposted to Habberley.
- Pass the Plough Garage and pub, and continue on to Habberley.
- In Habberley take the 2nd right signposted ‘Westcott, Bridges’
- Continue for 1.5 miles pass a red brick house on the right, over a hump bridge, smart house on the left then fork right (no signpost) at a green grass triangle.
- Continue another 1.5 miles and you will come to a cattle grid.
- Do not go over the cattle grid. Fork right up an 800m farm road.
- At the top of the farm road, turn right for the Venue.
If you do follow the sat nav, when you reach the cattle grid, look to your right and you will see a sign for Pollardine Farm, go up this lane, do not go on over the cattle grid as it will take you to the wrong place!
Directions from Craven Arms
- A49 towards Shrewsbury, then fork left on A489.
- Follow on to just before Eaton and take a right to Wentnor.
- On to the ‘Bridges’ then hard left towards Gatten.
- Turn right at the top of the steep hill signposted Gatten.
- Follow this road all along the valley, through Gatten Lodge with stable clock, then through a wood, along a straight and past a car park on the right.
- Over the next cattle grid, turn hard left, signposted ‘Pollardine Farm’. Turn right at the top of track for the Venue.
Non-members: We welcome a voluntary contribution
Sign Up for Land Mapping at the Venue, Pollardine
Get in touch
Enterprise House, Station Street, Bishops Castle, SY9 5AQ
01588 650 364 (Oliver, interim Secretary)