Middle Marches is a Community Land Trust owned and managed by local people to protect, conserve, restore and enhance our environment through the stewardship of land.
The Trust was incorporated as a Community Benefit Society on 25th June 2019. We are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and our registration number is 8143.
Trustees are expected to
- Familiarise themselves with the Trust’s activities in support of its Objects
- Support the aims and activities of the Trust and always make decisions in its interest
- Be active in suggesting, promoting and evaluating project proposals for the Trust’s consideration and implementation
- Respect the organisational values and policies of the Trust
- Strive to attend and participate in all board meetings
- Act responsibly within the law and the Trust’s Articles of Association in making decisions
What we’re looking for
We are looking for an individual with experience in data protection to ensure MMCLT is compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR.) We would like the successful applicant to be able to:
- Identify and evaluate the organisation’s data processing activities
- Monitor data management procedures and compliance within the organisation
- Ensure we address all queries from data subjects within legal timeframes
- Liaise with other organisations that process data on our behalf
- Write and update detailed guides on data protection policies
- Perform audits and determine whether we need to alter our procedures to comply with regulations
- Offer consultation on how to deal with privacy breaches
- Arrange for training on GDPR compliance for other trustees
- Follow up with changes in law and issue recommendations to ensure compliance
Trustees will be accountable to fellow trustees and the members of the Trust.
In addition to attending meetings, Trustees are expected to read briefing documents in preparation for trustee meetings and assist with relevant matters between meetings.
The total time commitment needed would be around 50 hours a year. The role is unpaid, but all reasonable travel expenses can be reimbursed.
We are looking for individuals who can commit to our Board for 1 year in the first instance, unless unforeseen circumstances were to prevent this.
We recommend reading the Charity Commission guidance “The essential trustee: what you need to know, what you need to do (C3).”
Trustee liability is limited.
Register your interest in the role
Enterprise House, Station Street, Bishops Castle, SY9 5AQ
07497 142 485 (Jonathan)